De Montfort University
DE Montfort is one of the top ranked universities in the UK. It is a campus based university located in the city of Leicester. The university offers more than 20 amazing subject areas, Excellent studios and workshop opportunities and a high quality teaching.
The university comprises more than 4000 students and 150 academic staff that makes it one of the largest business and management education providers in the UK.
5 Reasons to study at DE Montfort University
There are 5 reasons for choosing DE Montfort University. If you are an international student and want to study at DMU you can consider the 5 following things before applying to the University.
- Academic Benefits: As an international student the academic reputation will prompt you to study at DE Montfort University. The university offers quality education and a wide variety of courses and an excellent environment to the students.DMU has renowned research centers that provides the students with cutting edge facilities and resources.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: DMU is one of the most affordable universities in the Uk according to their tuition fees.So it can be a great option for the international students to study in a top ranked university within budget.
- International Student Support: DE Montfort university has a dedicated team of advisers who provides guidance on different issues including Visa and immigration, accommodation and finance.DMU also has an international community so that the students from different countries can feel like home while studying at the university.
- Designated Learning Community:England is a home to a range of Designated Learning Communities. It is a small group of students where the students share common goals and interests. These groups help the International students to adjust their life in the UK and provide valuable support to them.
- Quality Courses: DE Montfort University offers a wide-range of high quality courses which are delivered by experienced instructors. The university designed the courses to give you skills and knowledge that you will need to be successful in your future.
What is the Rank of DE Montfort University?
DE Montfort University is one of the 150 best universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education.It is ranked 801-1000 according to the QS World University rankings 2023. The university is ranked 301-350 according to the QS World University rankings by subject. According to the best global Universities it is ranked 1261.
History of DE Montfort University
DE Montfort University has a long and vibrant history of improving people’s lives through education.DMU is a dynamic institution that was originally founded as the Leicester school of Art in 1870. The University has evolved through many subsistence including Leicester college of Art and Technology and Leicester polytechnic.
Leicester polytechnic became DE Montfort University Officially on 26th June 1992. The name was chosen to reflect the university’s long relationship with Leicester by commemorating the celebrated Simon DE Montfort, Earl of Leicester.
DE Montfort University is reputed for quality and distinctiveness in teaching and research. Many new DMU courses have their roots in the early 20th century when the school of Art and Leicester Polytechnic began training apprentices for local industries. Art, Pharmacy, corsetry, Footwear etc were taught at the school and are still taught at DMU.
From 1939-1945, the colleges supported the home front during world war two by painting murals and manufacturing hospital equipment. In 1946 the institution purchased three houses that served as the first student accommodation.
Computer Science was taught for the first time in 1958 as a commitment to ensuring modern teaching kept pace with the changing needs of business means. The city of Leicester polytechnic was formed in 1969 when the college of Art and Technology merged. Then in 1976 the city of Leicester Polytechnic merged with the city of Leicester college of Education.
Then in 1992 the polytechnic was awarded university status and adopted the name DE Montfort University. Then from 1993-2010 different halls of DMU like Queens Building, Hugh Aston building etc. The School of Nursing and Midwifery also opened by this time. In 2012 Queen Elizabeth visited the University as the start of her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee tour.
In 2019, DMU ranked the top 50 universities in the world for sustainability by the Times Higher Education. In 2020, DMU celebrated its 150th anniversary as it was first founded in 1870.
Location of DE Montfort University
DE Montfort University is situated in the city of Leicester, England. The address of the university is Gateway House, Leicester LE1 9BH, UK. The University is far from London. It takes almost 1 and a half hours to reach the university from London. But it is near Birmingham City. It takes only 1 hour to reach the University by train.
You can go to DE Montfort University by different vehicles like bus, Cycle, Train or any public transport or by walk.
By Bus: It will take only two-three minutes to reach the university from Leicester by bus. And it will cost £1-£5 only. You will get the bus from Haymarket bus station every 30 minutes.
By Taxi: You will get into the University in three minutes by taxi.And it will cost £7-£10 daily. You will find multiple operators for this service like Swift Fox cabs, Leicester black cabs, A&B cabs.
By Walk: It will take 16 minutes to reach the university from Leicester. If you have enough time in your hand and want to do morning exercise you can find this way also.
In which Intake Can you apply at DE Montfort University?
DE Montfort University offers three intakes per year for the international Students. Each intakes offer different courses. You can find one course in the January intake but the course can be unavailable in the next intake. So you must check the intake before choosing any course or applying to DE Montfort university.
|Intakes||Application Deadline||Study Date|
|September||1st of August||21st of September|
|January||1st of November||18th of January|
|April||1st of February||3rd of May|
Courses of DE Montfort University
DE Montfort University offers around 300 courses for Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. The university also offers some part time and distance learning courses for their local students.
Foundation Courses: If your academic result doesn’t meet the direct entry requirements for undergraduate programs you can apply for the foundation course.DE Montfort University offers almost 6 foundation courses. Such as-
- Art and Design Foundation Diploma
- Engineering Year Zero
- Graphic Design and e-Media Foundation Degree (FdA)
- Hearing Aid Audiology FdSc
- Music Performance Foundation Degree FdA
- Pharmacy MPharm Year Zero
Undergraduate Courses: After completing your HSC or 12th class of study you can apply for the Undergraduate program directly if you meet the entry requirements. DE Montfort University offers almost 118 courses for undergraduate program such as-
- Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons)
- Accounting BSc (Hons)
- Accounting with Business Management BSc (Hons)
- Advertising and Marketing Communications BA (Hons)
- Aeronautical Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng
- Animation BA (Hons)
- Applied Computing BSc (Hons)
- Applied Computing HND
- Architectural Technology BSc (Hons)
- Architecture BA (Hons)
- Artificial Intelligence BSc (Hons)
- Arts and Festivals Management BA (Hons)
- Audio and Recording Technology BSc (Hons)
- Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
- Business Administration and Management (Year 3 Top-up Only) BA (Hons)
- Business Administration BA (Hons)
- Business and Marketing BA (Hons)
- Business Data Analytics BSc (Hons)
- Business Economics BA (Hons)
- Business Entrepreneurship and Innovation BA (Hons)
- Business HND
- Business Information Systems BSc (Hons)
- Business Management BA (Hons)
- Computer Games Programming BSc (Hons)
- Computer Networks and Security BSc (Hons)
- Computer Science BSc (Hons)
- Concept and Comic Arts BA (Hons)
- Contour Fashion BA (Hons)
- Creative Writing BA (Hons)
- Criminal Investigation with Policing Studies BA (Hons)
- Criminology BA (Hons)
- Criminology with Psychology BA (Hons)
- Cyber Security BSc (Hons)
- Dance BA (Hons)
- Degree in Professional Policing BA (Hons)
- Design Crafts BA (Hons)
- Diagnostic Radiography BSc (Hons)
- District Nursing BSc (Hons)
- Drama and Theater Arts BA (Hons)
- Economics BSc (Hons)
- Education Studies BA Hons
- Education Studies with Languages BA (Hons)
- Education Studies with Psychology BA (Hons)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng
- Energy Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng
- English Language BA (Hons)
- English Language with French, Mandarin or Spanish BA (Hons)
- English Language with Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- English Literature BA (Hons)
- English Literature with French, Mandarin or Spanish BA (Hons)
- Fashion Buying with Design BA (Hons)
- Fashion Buying with Marketing BA (Hons)
- Fashion Buying with Merchandising BA (Hons)
- Fashion Communication and Styling BA (Hons)
- Fashion Design BA (Hons)
- Fashion Management (Level 6 Top Up) BA (Hons)
- Fashion Textile Design BA (Hons)
- Finance and Investment BSc (Hons)ilm Studies BA (Hons)
- Fine Art BA (Hons)
- Footwear Design BA (Hons)
- Forensic Science BSc (Hons)
- Game Art BA (Hons)
- Games Production BSc (Hons)
- Global Arts Management (Level 6 Top Up) BA (Hons)
- Graphic Design (Illustration) BA (Hons)
- Graphic Design BA (Hons)
- Health and Wellbeing in Society BSc (Hons)
- Healthcare Science (Audiology) BSc (Hons)
- History BA (Hons)
- History with French, Mandarin or Spanish BA (Hons)
- History, Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)
- Human Resource Management BA (Hons)
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing (V300) Programme- Undergraduate
- Interior Design BA (Hons)
- International Business BA (Hons)
- International Finance and Business BA (Hons)
- Journalism BA (Hons)
- Law LLB (Hons)
- Marketing BA (Hons)
- Mathematics BSc (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons) / MEng
- Mechatronics and Robotics BEng (Hons) / MEng
- Media and Communication BA (Hons)
- Media and Communication with Modern Languages BA (Hons)
- Media Production BSc (Hons)
- Medical Science BMedSci (Hons)
- Midwifery Pre-Registration BSc (Hons)
- Music Production BSc (Hons)
- Music Technology BA (Hons)
- Music Technology Foundation Degree FdSc
- Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons) with NMC registration
- Nursing (Child) BSc (Hons) with NMC registration
- Nursing (Learning Disability) BSc (Hons) with NMC registration
- Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons) with NMC registration
- Nursing Associate Programme
- Paramedicine BSc (Hons)
- Performing Arts BA (Hons)
- Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science BSc (Hons)
- Pharmaceutical Science BSc (Hons)
- Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)
- Photography BA (Hons)
- Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)
- Practice Nursing BSc
- Product Design BA (Hons)
- Product Design BSc (Hons)
- Professional Clinical Practice BSc/BSc (Hons)
- Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Psychology with Criminology BSc (Hons)
- Psychology with Education Studies BSc (Hons)
- Psychology with Health and Wellbeing in Society BSc Hons Degree
- Quantity Surveying and Construction BSc (Hons)
- Social Work BA (Hons)
- Software Engineering BSc (Hons)
- Speech and Language Therapy BSc (Hons)
- Textile Design BA (Hons)
- Visual Effects BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Courses: You can apply for the postgraduate degree after successfully completing your undergraduate from your country of origin or any of the UK universities. DE Montfort University offer almost 80 courses for postgraduate level such as-
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Advanced Biomedical Science MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc
- Advertising and Public Relations Management MSc
- Aeronautical Engineering MSc
- Air Transport Management MSc
- Architectural Practice Postgraduate Diploma (Part 3)
- Architecture and Sustainability MSc
- Architecture MArch
- Architecture Professional Experience Development Record (PEDR)
- Architecture research degree MPhil/PhD
- Business Intelligence Systems and Data Mining MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Choreography MA
- Clinical Pharmacy MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Computing MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Contour Fashion Innovation MA
- Creative Writing MA
- Cultural Events Management MSc
- Cyber Security MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Cyber Technology MSc
- Data Analytics MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Design Innovation MA/MSc
- Design Management and Entrepreneurship MA
- Design research degree MPhil/PhD
- Digital Design MA
- Education Practice MA/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Electronic Engineering MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Energy and Sustainable Building Design MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Energy and Sustainable Development MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Energy Engineering MSc
- Engineering Management MSc
- English Language Teaching MA
- Fashion and Textiles MA
- Fashion Management with Marketing MA
- Fine Art MA
- Forensic Accounting/ Forensic Accounting (Applied) MSc
- Global Health MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Health Psychology MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Human Resource Management MA/PG Dip (online)
- Humanities research degree MPhil/PhD
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing (V300) level 7
- Information Systems Management MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Intelligent Systems and Robotics MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Intelligent Systems MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- International Banking and Finance MSc
- International Business and Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Business and Finance MSc
- International Business and Human Resource Management MSc
- International Business and Management MSc
- International Business and Marketing MSc
- International Film Production MA
- International Finance and Investment MSc
- Investigative Journalism MA
- LLM Business Law / International Business Law (distance learning)
- LLM Employment Law and Practice (distance learning)
- LLM Environmental Law and Practice (distance learning)
- LLM International Human Rights Law (distance learning)
- LLM Medical Law and Ethics (distance learning)
- Management, Law and Humanities of Sport MA
- Marketing Management MSc
- Masters by Research MA/MSc
- Masters in Research Applied Health Studies MRes/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Mechanical Engineering MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Mechatronics MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Music, Technology and Innovation MA
- Nursing (Specialist District Nursing) with NMC Recordable SPQ
- Performance Practices MA
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology MSc/PG Dip
- Pharmaceutical Quality by Design MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Physician Associate Studies
- Practice Certificate in Independent Prescribing for Pharmacists
- Practice Nursing PG Cert/BSc
- Product Design MA
- Professional Clinical Practice MSc/PG Cert/PG Dip
- Psychological Well-being MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Software Engineering MSc/PG Dip/PG Cert
- Sport Management MSc
- Sports History and Culture MA
- Sports Law LLM (distance learning)
- Strategic and Digital Marketing MSc
Tuition Fees of DE Montfort University 2023/24
DE Montfort University is one of the top ranked affordable universities in the UK. DMU offers tuition fees ranging from medium range for Foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. If you are an International student your annual tuition fees will cover your study and cost of examination. DE Montfort University offers tuition fees ranging from £15250-£19000 for foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
Scholarship Opportunities at DE Montfort University
Students of DE Montfort University will get a £1,500 scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. But if you are a postgraduate Alumni you will get a 20% discount on your overall tuition fees. DE Montfort University also offers upto £6000 scholarships for five student athletes who are competing at a high representative level while studying at the university.
What are the Entry Requirements of DE Montfort University?
|Bangladesh||A levels or a recognised foundation degree
GPA 5.0 including 4.0 in math and english
|4 years bachelor’s degree from BUET with a minimum 55% score or 4 years bachelor’s from a recognised university with a minimum 60% score.||IELTS 6.5/6 is for all but IELTS 6.0/5.5 is acceptable for business and computing courses.|
|India||Minimum 65% in 4 best subjects in12th standard. English and Math score of 10th standard is also considerable.||50%-60% in bachelor, depending on the university you have studied and the course you want to apply.||IELTS 6.5 for Science and Law. IELTS 6.0 is for Arts, Humanities, Business, computing and Engineering.|
|Pakistan||A level or a foundation degree.||4 year bachelor degree(Bsc or BEng)
with 55% from a recognised university.
4 year bachelor degree (BA or BBA) with 65% from a recognised university
|CIELTS 6.0 overall but some specific courses like Humanities, Law, Media and Science require 6.5.|
|Nigeria||A level, Foundation or International Baccalaureate.||Bachelor degree with minimum 55%||IELTS 6.0 overall but some courses like Humanities, Law, Media, Science require 6.5.|
|Ghana||SSEC/WAEC with C6 or above, A level, Foundation, national diploma, International Baccalaureate are also considerable||A degree with minimum 55% by a recognised Ghanaian University.||IELTS 6.0 overall but some courses like Humanities, Law, Media, Science require 6.5.|
|Canada||A canadian High School/ 2nd class diploma with GPA 3.0/B/73%||A 2:2 bachelor degree with 2.70 or 2:1 bachelor degree with 3.0||IELTS 6.0 overall but some courses like Humanities, Law, Media, Science require 6.5.|
Documents Requirement to apply at DE Montfort University
If you are an International Student you must need to have some documents in two different segments such as Application documents and Visa documents.
- All academic Certificates and transcripts
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Updated CV
- Academic reference Letter
- Job reference Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- UK student Visa
Documents Requirement for Visa Application?
As an international student you must apply for the Tier 4 visa which is called the UK student Visa.Some documents are required for the international students to make a visa application. Such as-
- UK Visa Application form
- Valid Passport
- Proof of financial Statement
- Proof of accommodation Support
- Tuberculosis test
- Biometric Information
- Travel history
International Student Support at DE Montfort University
Living and studying in a new country is not easy at all. Students may struggle academically or financially while studying in a new environment. So DE Montfort University offers various support to international students so that they can feel safe while studying at the university.
- International Student Guide: If you are an international student you will be benefited from the International Student Guide. It contains a lot of useful information about your arrival, living and studying in the UK.
- I-buddies: Living in a new country sometimes may be confusing and stressful for the international students. Students may feel pressure to adapt to the new language, new culture and new environment of DE Montfort University. I-buddies is an international student helping scheme to help the students settle in the UK and offer students a friendly support.
- Term-time working opportunity: DE Montfort University offers some part time job and placements byThe DMU Works team. If you are an international student this team will provide you with a range of information and job vacancies and will help you to develop your skills that you will need to market yourself.
- Academic Support: DE Montfort University has dedicated resources to provide extra academic support to the international students including time management, verbal presentation, revision and exams, research etc.
Alumni facilities at DE Montfort University
Membership of the Library: As an alumni student of DE Montfort University you will be eligible for free borrowing membership of Kimberlin Library only. This membership will allow you to borrow up to 4 books from the library.
Postgraduate Alumni Scholarship: You will get 20% scholarships of your overall tuition fees at the postgraduate level of study if you have previously graduated from DE Montfort University.
Global Alumni Community: If you complete your graduation from DE Montfort University you will be a valued member of DMU global alumni community. This means you will have access to DMU networks, regional alumni clubs and the support of the Development and alumni engagement team.
Job Opportunities at DE Montfort University
If you have a UK student visa for more than 6 months then you will be able to work 20 hours per week usually during your term time. DE Montfort University provides a range of information and job vacancy services for international students by The DMU Works team . The team will help you to develop your skill and run a range of guidance and workshops in different facilities.
The team arranges some recruitment fairs to offer you part time working opportunities so that you can earn during your term time. As an International student you will also get 2 years of post study work (PSW) opportunity after completing your graduation.
Accommodation Facilities at DE Montfort University
DE Montfort University offers 9 halls of residence for the international Students. And all of DMUs modern student accommodation is an easy walking distance from the city center of Leicester. Their halls are self-catered and gives you the freedom to come and go whenever you want. All the residences are ranging from £95-£150 per week. You can choose your accommodation according to your budget.
Bede Hall: Bede hall consists of seven, eight, nine and ten bedrooms flat with a shared bathroom. You will get larger bedrooms, adapted Kitchen, allocated car parking spaces, communal area, laundry facilities and so on. This hall will cost £95 per week.
New Wharf Hall: This hall is situated on the edge of campus, close to a large super Market. There are 215 bedrooms in this hall. You will get four, seven and ten bedrooms with shared bathroom, car parking spaces, laundry and internet facilities and so on. It will cost £105 per week.
Waterways Gardens:The hall consists of six bedroom houses each with a shared bathroom and laundry facilities. It will cost £105 per week.
The Glassworks: The hall is less than 30 seconds walk from the city center which is privately managed by the host. The hall has three, four, five and six bedrooms with ensuite facilities. You will get television facilities, common room facilities, Internet facilities, Laundry facilities, CCTV and so on. This hall will cost £154.50 per week.
The Grange: Each flat of this hall consists of 5 bedrooms with ensuite facilities. You will get student common room, car parking space, shared kitchen, CCTV and 24 hours roaming security. It will cost £115 per week.
Castle Court: The rooms of this hall can be classified into two segments such as Basic room and premium rooms. Basic rooms have a single bed and premium rooms have three-quarter beds. The hall is featured by CCTV, secured door entry system, covered bicycle storage, laundry facilities and so on. It will cost £125-£139 per week.
Liberty Park: Flats of this hall have four or five bedrooms each of them featuring 3 or 4 beds and ensuite facilities. You will get high speed internet access, CCTV, Bicycle storage, Card- operated laundry facilities and so on. It will cost £122 per week.
Newarke point: This hall is situated in the center of the campus and privately managed by united students. Each flat of this hall has five bedrooms with ensuite facilities like Kitchen, cooker, kettle, internet, TV connections etc.It will cost £131 per week.
Newarke Street: You will get a studio and shared apartment with a group of friends here. All the apartments are ranging from four to six bedrooms. This hall will cost £135- £143 per week.
Application Process For International Students at DE Montfort University
If you are an international student and want to apply at DE Montfort University you must follow some steps to apply at the university.You will not get a UK student visa without following the steps. Such as-
- Apply with all the entry requirements of your preferred course.
- Make 50% CAS payment for getting an Unconditional offer letter.
- Pass the pre CAS interview for getting the CAS letter.
- Apply for the visa after getting a CAS letter from the university.
How to Apply at DE Montfort University
As an international student you can apply to DE Montfort University in many ways. But the most easiest and reliable way is given here, just click on the link below and you will get a registration form there. Just fill in the form and register with AIMS Education. A senior counselor of AIMS Education will contact you and help you to find your preferred course according to your eligibility as well as help you to apply to the University.
DE Montfort University is one of the top 150 universities in the UK providing world class cutting edge education to the students.The university offers more than 300 courses in almost 20 different subject areas. So as an International student you can choose DE Montfort University as your study destination for higher education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: DE Montfort University is ranked 801-1000 according to the QS World University rankings 2023. The university is ranked 301-350 according to the QS World University rankings by subject.
Ans: DE Montfort University offers £1500 scholarships on a first come first served basis for both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate program.
Ans: DE Montfort is a campus based university that is situated in Leicester city, England. It will take 1 and a half hours to reach the University from London.
Ans: DE Montfort is a public university situated in Leicester city, England.
Ans: DMU provides an excellent academic environment for students from all over the world with a highly ranked teaching quality and wide variety of courses. Students of DMU get the access to cutting edge facilities and resources than any other universities in the UK.
Ans: DMU is a top ranked university in the UK. The university has placed in the top 15 higher education institutions in the city by the Student-voted awards.
Ans: DE Montfort is a top ranked university in the UK has an overall score of 4.1 according to the student reviews on study portals. Study portal is the best place to find out how students rate their study and living experience at the university from all over the world.