Many study abroad aspiring students want to know how to study in Australia from Bangladesh. There are many reasons a student chooses Australia to get higher education. From top class universities to affordable standard education, a student will get everything by studying in Australia.
Top reasons to study in Australia from Bangladesh
There are many remarkable reasons Bangladeshi students choose Australia for higher education. Taking a degree from Australia has many benefits. Let’s know some remarkable advantages of studying in Australia from Bangladesh.
- Prestigious study abroad destination
Australia is the prestigious and best study destination for the international students who are looking for the top quality education at an affordable rate.
- All year round temperate climate
Across most of Australia, there are 4 seasons. Summer stays from December to March, autumn from March to May, Winter from June to August, and Spring from September to November. The favorable weather is one of the best reasons many international students choose studying in Australia.
- Top quality education
Australia is renowned for the high quality of education. Universities like Melbourne, Sydney and Australian popular universities are known for their top quality education. Besides, other universities are also popular for its research system. There are 43 universities in Australia. Among them, there are 40 Australian universities, 2 international universities, and 1 private specialty university.
- Cultural diversity
Australia is full of cultural diversity. It is the second most multicultural nation in the world. Quarter of the Australian population is full of migrants and it reflects on the food, lifestyle, and other cultural practices.
- Easy access to student visa
Compared to other countries, it is easier to get a student visa in Australia. To get the visa all you need is to be patient and meet the entry requirements properly.
- Work opportunities
In Australia, international students can work up to 40 weeks every two weeks while studying. And during vacations, a student can work full time. According to the new post study work stream visa, Australian students can work for up to four years after the completion of their education.
- Vibrant city life
Australia has a vibrant city life. There are many best cities available in Australia for international students. Cities like Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Gold Coast, Hobart, Wollongong, and Darwin are some of the best cities for international students in Australia.
- Cost of living
The cost of living in Australia is cheaper than many other countries. That’s why many international students are drawn to study in Australia. Besides, there are many work opportunities also available for the international students while studying in Australia.
- Career oriented education
Australia provides many short-term courses for international students to have a good job. This country provides significant importance to career oriented programmes.
What type of student visa an international student needs to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
If you are aspiring to study in Australia from Bangladesh, you will need a special kind of visa. This visa is called subclass 500 student visa. The cost of this visa will start from AUD650, unless exempt. In the category of student visa ( subclass 500), 90% of the visas are processed in 5 months. However the visa may take longer to process if your application form lacks mandatory information or if your application is complex. With this visa category, a student can
- Take an eligible course in Australia
- You can bring your partner and family members as your dependent in Australia.
- Once the course starts a student can work up to 40 hours every 2 weeks
Eligibility to get the subclass 500 student visa to study in Australia from Bangladesh-
There is an eligibility criteria for having the subclass 500 student visa to study in Australia from Bangladesh. So the eligibility you need to get the subclass 500 student visa are-
- Get enrolled in a course to study in Australia and have a letter of offer.
- Proof of English proficiency
- GTE (with evidence to support)
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Medical certificate
- Police clearance
- Hold OSHC- Overseas student health cover
- Must be 6 years or older if you are a school student. You must also be-
- less than 17 years old when you begin Year 9
- less than 18 years old when you begin Year 10
- less than 19 years old when you begin Year 11
- less than 20 years old when you begin Year 12
- If you are under 18, prove you have a welfare arrangement
How to apply for a visa to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
To apply for a student visa online for studying in Australia from Bangladesh, these are process a student should follow-
- Create an Individual ImmiAccount
- Manage/Login to your application
- Complete the application
- Upload documents (maximum 60 documents, Identity documents can be up to 500KB each. Other documents must be up to 5MB each)
- Pay application fee- 650 AUD
- Pay the visa fee using own card or parents bank card
What to do after submitting a visa application form to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
So, now you may be thinking what to do after submitting a visa application form to study in Australia from Bangladesh. So after the submission, you should-
- Check messages from embassy such as request to book biometric at VFS Global – Dhaka
- Check application status
You will be updated about the application status by some phases. Such as:
- Submitted means you have submitted an application.
- Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
- Initial assessment means we are evaluating your application.
- Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
- Finalized means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.
List of visa documents to study in Australia from Bangladesh
To apply for the visa, these are the required documents to study in Australia from Bangladesh-
- Passport photographs
- Certificate and transcript for all qualification
- IELTS or other English language test result
- Confirmation of Enrolment letter
- Payment receipt
- Medical certificate
- Police Clearance certificate
- Health insurance certificate
- GTE Statement
- Financial documents such as bank statement along source of income
Source of income documents to study in Australia from Bangladesh
To prove the source of income, you must need some required documents to study in Australia from Bangladesh-
- Parents bank statement/Pay slip/rental income/dividend certificate/trade license/TIN certificate/TAX Return
- Tie in home country: Assets documents, Credit card statement, Community activities, Testimonial from chairman/counselor/Club and societies
- Work and Academic reference letter, Volunteer experience letter, Short course certificates
- Link to research papers/ Portfolio/web link/ Social media profile
Difference between application form, offer letter and confirmation of enrolment to study in Australia from Bangladesh-
If you are planning to enroll in an Australian university, you must have three documents to complete the process. These are-
- Application form
- Letter of Offer
- Confirmation of acceptance
What’s an application form?
If you are planning to apply for a course in Australia, this is the first document you need to fill up and submit. In the application form, there are some things you need to include. Such as-personal details, contact details, academic background, course selection, visa details, student’s statement. Here are the documents you need to submit along with the application form-
- Academic certificate like transcript and certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
What is a letter of offer?
When you apply to a university and it is satisfied with your application, the university will issue you a document called a letter of offer. A letter of offer can be unconditional or conditional. Sometimes it can be a package offer too. Things that are included in the offer letter are-
- The course name you have been accepted into
- Course duration
- Start and ending date of the course
- Course fees you need to pay
- Total deposit fee
- OSHC fee
After receiving the letter of offer, make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully. If you are happy with the terms and conditions, you will sign the letter of offer and send it to the university you are applying to. After that, you need to pay the deposit fee. Once the university receives your payment, they will issue you a Confirmation of Enrolment.
What is Confirmation of Enrolment?
The CoE is an official document issued by the university. It is proof that you have secured a place in the registered Australian education institution. When you are applying for a student visa or OSHC, you will need this document. It will take a few days to a couple of weeks to get a CoE. The CoE usually includes these things-
- Your course name
- Course duration
- Start and end dates of the course
- Course fees you need to pay
- Total deposit fee
- The amount left to be paid
Make sure you have a valid confirmation of enrolment for the entire time of your staying in Australia for study purpose. In short, the CoE has 4 steps-
- Meet- Meet outstanding conditions
- Accept- Accept the offer
- Pay- Pay the deposit
- Get- Get the CoE
English language requirements to study in Australia from Bangladesh
To study in Australia from Bangladesh, a student will need English proficiency. Without this, getting an Australian student visa is almost impossible.
However, GCE O Level- Grade C in English will be accepted for all courses. Besides, life science courses will have higher English entry requirements.
Academic requirements and accepted study gap to study in Australia from Bangladesh
What are the GTE requirements to study in Australia from Bangladesh
GTE stands for Genuine Temporary Entrant. Students who want to study in Australia from Bangladesh must provide evidence that they are coming to Australia temporarily to gain quality education. The GTE requirements are-
- In the online student visa application form, a personal statement is required to be provided. This statement is to be 300 words in total. ( a 2000 character limit applies). With the written statement in the application form, you will be required to attach supporting documents.
- Previous study/gaps in study
- Tie to home country
- Economic situation in home country
- Current employment and previous employment history
- Employment opportunities in my home country or other country after finishing the course.
- Educational background
GTE Requirement details and evidence and information need to include to study in Australia from Bangladesh-
The Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity assessment that all applicants must meet for a student visa.
Situations home country or country of residence
- If a similar course is available in the home country, provide a reason for not studying this course in your home country or region.
- Provide strong evidence of family Ties to your home country. It will support your intention to return to your home country after education.
- Economic situation
- Military service commitments
- Political chaos and civil unrest in your home country that can be a reason to shift in Australia
Potential situation in Australia
The immigration authority will consider your-
- If you have strong ties in Australia, it will present a strong intention to stay in Australia after education.
- Course offered and level of knowledge of education provider
- Previous study and qualifications
- Planned living arrangements
- Financial stability
Value of the course to the future
The immigration authority will consider-
- If the course level is similar with your current level of education
- If the course is relevant to past or future employment in your country or a third country
What should be the proof of sufficient funds to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
You should have sufficient funds and a bank statement that covers the full fee, living expenses, visa application fee, Health insurance, flight plus minimum 10% extra in the bank account to study in Australia from Bangladesh.
What should be the proof of sufficient income to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
Proof of income of minimum 62,222 AUD for student and 72592 AUD if applying with one dependent.
What are the after study opportunities in Australia for international students?
With the temporary graduate visa ( subclass 485), a student will get many after study opportunities in Australia from Bangladesh-
- Graduate Work Stream (Up to 18 months)
- Post Study Work Stream (2 to 4 years)
- Second Post Study Work Stream (1 to 2 years)
Overseas student health cover to study in Australia from Bangladesh
OHSC is very important for international students. It assists students to have medical and hospital care while staying in Australia. It also includes visiting the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.
OSHC will help you:
- Medical or hospital care fee while studying in Australia.
- Pay for most prescription medicines.
- Provide you with ambulance cover in emergencies.
- Cost: Start from 500 AUD for students and each dependent 3000 AUD.
So if you want to study in Australia from Bangladesh, we hope this information is sufficient enough and will help you in application to visa processing. However, studying abroad demands an expert’s help. So, in this case, AIMS Education, a student consultancy firm can help you to a great extent. We have experienced Australian counselors who can show you a proper guideline by providing all necessary information and help to study in Australia from Bangladesh.
What are the academic and English requirements to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
Ans: Academic and English requirements:
⦿ Undergraduate programme: HSC GPA 4.0
⦿ English language requirements: IELTS overall 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
⦿ International Foundation Programme: GCE minimum 3 passes or HSC 3.5.
⦿ English requirements: IELTS overall 5.0 with no band less than 5.5
⦿ Postgraduate programme: 4 years honors degree with minimum 2.5 CGPA or 2nd class.
⦿ English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
What are the student visa requirements to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
Ans: The student visa requirements to study in Australia from Bangladesh are-
⦿ Get enrolled in a course to study in Australia and have a letter of offer.
⦿ Proof of English proficiency
⦿ GTE (with evidence to support)
⦿ Proof of sufficient funds
⦿ Medical certificate
⦿ Police clearance
⦿ Hold OSHC- Overseas student health cover
⦿ Must be 6 years or older if you are a school student.
⦿ If you are under 18, prove you have a welfare arrangement
Why does an Australian student visa get rejected?
Ans: If a student fails to fulfill the academic, English, or financial requirements, he will more likely get a rejection for the Australian student visa. However, providing wrong information also can be the reason.
Do international students need OSHC to study in Australia?
Ans: All international students and their family members need OSHC to study in Australia from Bangladesh.
How much of a study gap is accepted to study in Australia from Bangladesh?
Ans: If you have completed HSC, then a 2 year study gap is accepted. However, after a degree maximum 5 years of study gap is acceptable. But you must provide a work experience letter in this case.
Find out on Facebook
Leave A Comment