Are you looking for studying opportunities in the UK? The UK is a famous study destination for international students. The UK offers much more facilities to international students- like traditional excellence, high class institutions in every corner and much more flexibility for international Students than other English speaking countries.
The UK is a home to thousands of students around the world. The weather, living cost, vibrant cities and diverse lifestyles prompt international students to Study in the UK. So, If you are an International Student then this article will help you.
Why Study in the UK?
The UK is the most popular study destination for international students. There are some reasons for studying in the UK such as:
- Vibrant City: UK attracts people mostly with its vibrant cities, gentle countryside, and diverse lifestyles. The four states in the UK have their own identity with modern countryside and different facilities.
- Multicultural: The UK is a home to thousands of people around the world. Every year a lot of international students come to obtain higher education in the UK. So you can enjoy different cultures while studying in the UK.
- Weather: There are four distinctive seasons in the UK- Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. One of the most noticeable climatic features in the UK is longer summer days and short winter days. The tolerable temperature always inspires International students to study in the UK rather than other overseas countries.
- Discover Europe: Students can easily move to other countries in Europe for educational purposes, pleasure or for searching job facilities. Which attracts international students more to study in the UK.
- Living Cost: As compared to other countries, living costs in the UK are very much lower. Many universities in the UK offer self catered halls including food and other facilities. However if you are an international student you can easily find more affordable accommodation in University halls or flat share.
What is the Educational System in the UK?
The UK offers a high quality educational system that prompts international students to pursue higher education in the UK. Factors that mostly attracts international students to study in the UK are:
- World-wide Recognition: UK educational qualifications are recognised world-wide. So the students who graduated from the UK are internationally valued by the employers, Organizations and government throughout the world.
- Diversification: Educational System in the UK is divided into four parts- Primary, Secondary, Further and higher education. Childrens in the UK must have to attend primary and secondary education. So if you are an international student and want to bring your child as your dependent, you can easily provide education to your child too.
- Study approach: Study in the UK offers a personalized educational approach that helps students to develop intellectual skills and personal qualities they will need in future to achieve their career opportunities.
- Standard teaching and learning Method: Teaching methods in the UK are designed to develop independent thinking, personal skills and confidence of the students. Besides attending the classes regularly you will get the opportunity to engage with your tutor through lively seminars, practical projects and discussion.
- Support for the Students: The UK offers various support for their local and international students including welfare support, academic support, accommodation support, international student societies, clubs, Planned social activities etc.
- Scholarships: Many universities in the UK offer tuition fees in the form of merit based scholarships, Country scholarships, Full payment discounts etc.
- Duration of the Courses: The United Kingdom consists of 4 states such as England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Generally the undergraduate course duration is 3 years for England, Wales and Northern Ireland but in Scotland it takes 4 years for the undergraduate program.
Students life in UK
You are an international student and your aspirations bring you to study in the UK.
The UK is a famous study destination for international students.
The UK offers much more facilities to international students- like traditional excellence, high class institutions in every corner and much more flexibility for international Students than other English speaking countries. So, whether you study at Undergraduate or postgraduate level in the UK you will study in a safe environment.
UK institutions offer extensive student support and welfare services so you will be supported by the university as well as the government while studying in the UK. As an International student you can enjoy a life changing experience and knowledge that you will get a good value for money.
Which Subject Can You Study in the UK?
Study in the UK generally offers Foundation, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Pre-masters, Diploma courses and PhD as well as world class courses. Currently the UK is offering more than thousands of courses such as-
- Public Health
- Cooking etc
The United Kingdom offers many more subjects according to the Local and international demand. You can choose your preferred course according to your academic qualification and career demand.
In Which Universities Can You Study in the UK?
The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You will get more than 100 plus world-class universities here. Some popular universities in the UK are:
- Canterbury Christ Church University
- Robert Gordon University
- Coventry University
- Roehampton University
- Ravensbourne University
- Ulster University
- Northumbria University
- University of Gloucestershire
- SouthWales University
- Regent College
- DE Montfort University
- Hult International Business School
- Birmingham City University
- University College Birmingham
- University of Dundee
In Which Intakes Can you study in the UK?
Universities of the United Kingdom generally offer three intakes for international students. But some specific universities offer many more intakes for different courses. Main intakes of UK universities are-
So, before applying to a university or choosing any course you must check the intake for the course because you will not find each course at every intake.
How much will it Cost to Study in the UK?
Tuition fees in the UK generally vary depending on your programme of study. The cost of studying in the UK can be divided into three categories such as affordable, medium and high range. So, You can easily find universities according to your budget.
Cost of International Foundation Program
The International Foundation Program is basically designed for the students who do not meet the direct entry requirements for the undergraduate program to Study in the UK. Here we are giving the tuition fee range of IFP into three categories.
Cost of Undergraduate Program
Undergraduate tuition fees generally start from £11000 – £ 25000 for the international students. Here we are giving tuition fee range of undergraduate program into three categories
Cost of Postgraduate Program
Postgraduate tuition fees generally start from £10000 – £ 32000. So, here we are giving the tuition fee range for postgraduate degree into three categories.
Cost of Medicine
Generally tuition fees for the Medicine related courses are high for the international students. Typically it takes 5 years to complete the course in the UK. Here we are giving tuition fee range for the Medicine degree
So, if you want to study abroad as well as study in the UK you must fix your budget first so that you can choose your preferred university according to your budget.
Do International Students Get Scholarships to Study in the UK?
Universities of the United Kingdom offer various scholarships for the international students based on their eligibility and academic excellence. Some popular international scholarships are-
- The Chevening Scholarships
- Euraxess UK
- The Commonwealth Scholarships
- The Royal Society Grants
- Scholarships from UK Universities
You have to apply for these scholarships but you will get a flat discount on your overall tuition fees from the university you’ve applied for.
How much does accommodation cost in the UK?
If you are intending to study in the UK you must add your living cost along with your tuition fees. There is a huge difference in the cost between living inside and outside of London. If you stay in London your average living cost will be £1334 per month. But if you stay outside London your average living cost will be £1023 per month.
Many universities in the UK also offer self catered halls including food and other facilities. Your living cost will be affordable and you will get much more facilities if you stay in university accommodation.
However if you are an international student you can easily find more affordable accommodation in University halls or flat share. The cost of private residence is quite high but if you are a university resident it will cost low. But if you eagerly want to rent accommodation privately you can choose amberstudent which is one of the UK’s best accommodation providers. AIMS Education has a partnership with amberstudent so if you apply through us you don’t have to take any hassle for finding the best accommodation in the United Kingdom. Generally your living cost will depend on your lifestyle and living standards. You should also purchase health insurance per semester for living in the UK.
What are the entry requirements for International Students to study in the UK?
If you are applying for a tier 4 visa to study in the UK you must need a minimum academic qualification. And if you are not a native English speaker you will also need a certificate of English language proficiency. To obtain an undergraduate degree in the UK you must have the qualification of 12th pass/ A level certificate. And to obtain a postgraduate degree you must have a bachelor’s degree certificate. And the students will require a minimum 50-60% marks to study in the UK.
What are the Documents requirements for International Students to Study in the UK?
Study abroad as well as Study in the UK generally requires many documents for the international students. The required documents can be segmented into two categories. Such as-
Documents required for application
- All academic Certificates and transcripts
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Updated CV
- Academic reference Letter
- Job reference Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- UK student Visa
Documents required for visa application
- UK Visa Application form
- Valid Passport
- Proof of financial Statement
- Proof of accommodation Support
- Tuberculosis test
- Biometric Information
- Travel history
What are the English language requirements for international students to study in the UK?
You will need a minimum IELTS score of 6 with no component below 5.5 for undergraduate degree and a minimum score of 6.5 with no component below 6 for postgraduate degree. Other English tests like PTE, ELLT, GRE, TOEFL are also acceptable to Study in the UK.
Are you worrying about having English proficiency to Study in the UK?
The universities of the United Kingdom accept different English language tests. You will find many institutions who provide courses for English Proficiency. But if you want to choose the reliable one you can choose AIMS English. You can do your course both online and offline through AIMS English. It will help you to get a preferred score that you will need to study abroad.
What is the application process to study in the UK?
Students must follow some steps to make an application to study in the UK. You will not get your student visa without following these steps. Such as-
- Students must apply with all the entry requirements that are needed to apply for their preferred course.
- Institution will issue a CAS once the student gets an Unconditional offer letter.
- Students can’t apply for a Visa without the CAS letter.
- Students have to pass the interview during the visa process.
What are the post study opportunities in the UK?
Study in the UK offers work placement integrated with some courses which provides the students a cutting edge knowledge of their courses. International students can work 20 hours per week during their term time and they can work full time on holidays.
After completion of the course, international students in the UK get 2 years post study work visa. Besides the students also can switch to different visas like Graduate route visa, Skilled worker visa, Global talent visa, innovator visa, Start up visa etc.
Are you worrying about your study gap to Study in the UK?
As an international student you may have study gaps that are not accepted in the United Kingdom. Generally Universities in the United Kingdom accept a 2 year gap for Undergraduation and 5 years gap for post graduation to study in the UK. Some universities may accept more than that if you can provide a proper gap explanation. But if you have many more gaps that are not accepted by any university and you still want to study abroad then you’ve to do some courses like OTHM OR ATHE. These are basically diploma courses that are accredited by the Ofqual awarding body.
These courses will help you to remove your study barrier and will provide you the eligibility to study abroad. So, if you have a study gap you can contact AIMS Academy. Some expert counselors of AIMS Academy will provide you with a better guideline of pursuing the best course.
How can a Student be settled in the UK?
Students can legally apply for the settlement after 10 years of permanent residentship in the UK.
But they can apply for the settlement after 5 years of permanent residence under Skilled worker visa, Innovator Visa, Health and care worker visa, Global talent Visa.
If your child was born in the UK and you live for 7 years permanently you can also apply for permanent residence in the UK.
The UK is one of the fastest growing study destinations for international students. Numerous facilities with a world class recognized educational system prompts international students to study in the UK rather than the other overseas countries. We hope this article has shown you a clear scenario of studying in the UK. So, if you are looking for the best universities in the UK contact AIMS Education. AIMS Education is always here to help you out with any kind of information and to provide you a smooth process of studying abroad in the UK.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much money is required to study in the UK?
Ans: Tuition fees in the UK generally vary on your study level and your location. As an international student you can expect your tuition fees to range from £10,000 – £ 25,000 annually. University tuition fees will not cover your accommodation cost, You can expect your average accommodation fees to range from £1023 – £1334 per month. Though it will depend on your lifestyle and living standards.
Q. Is the UK a cheap place to study?
Ans: It is known that studying abroad is normally more costly than studying in your home country. And in general London is the most expensive city for international students to study in. But the reason for British education being expensive is not for their tuition fees but also for their living cost.
Q. How can you get to study in the UK?
Ans: Applying to UK universities is a straightforward process and we will help you through it step by step. Such as-
● Decide on a university or course
● Register and apply
● Accept offer
● Arrange for funding
● Visa application
● Prepare your accommodation
Q. How can I get scholarships in the UK?
Ans: You can get a waiver directly from the university after getting an offer letter. But sometimes you need to apply for some special scholarships. Here we are giving some steps of applying for a scholarship.
● Make an application as early as possible
● Go through the options
● Check your eligibility
● Check the scholarship requirements
● Provide a letter of reference
● Check and double check the application
● Submit your application
Q. Which University in the UK gives full scholarship?
Ans: The University of Westminster has two main scholarships for undergraduate students such as- Westminster Undergraduate High Achiever Awards and Westminster Undergraduate full scholarships. You must meet their eligibility criteria for applying for these scholarships.
Q. What is the easiest scholarship to get in the UK?
Ans: Here are some well-known scholarships for international students who want to study in the UK. Such as-
● The Chevening Scholarships
● Euraxess UK
● The Commonwealth Scholarships
● The Royal Society Grants
● Scholarships from UK Universities
Q. What are the top 10 universities in the UK?
Ans: You will find more than 100 universities in the UK. But to help you out here we are giving top 10 universities in the UK. Such as-
● University of Oxford
● University of Cambridge
● University of Manchester
● University of Edinburgh
● King’s College London
● University of Bristol
● London School of Economics and Political Science
● The University of Warwick
● University College London
● Imperial College London