The University of Roehampton is a public university situated in the heart of south west London. Roehampton is a top ranked university in the UK providing quality education and a portfolio of courses across the Creative Arts, Social Science, Business, Law, Humanities, Education and so on.
Why Study at Roehampton University?
If you are a student and decided to study abroad as well as study in the UK you can choose Roehampton University as your study destination without any hesitation. Here are some reasons why you can choose Roehampton University for your higher education destination.
- You will get the opportunity to study in the top ranked universities in the UK.
- You will get the best accommodation facilities in London at an affordable price.
- The degree from Roehampton University will prepare you for your career.
- You will get the opportunity to learn from the experts who are very much passionate about their teaching.
- The beautiful and safe parkline campus will inspire you to study at the university.
- You will be able to develop your skills and confidence by the wellbeing support team of the university.
- The university of Roehampton offers best career support to the students as well as the graduates by standard work placements and other job searching facilities.
- After graduating from the university you will be more confident in your skills and equipped to pursue the career you’ve dreamt of.
What is the Rank of Roehampton University?
Roehampton is a top ranked university in the UK offering quality education for the overseas intending students.Generally the international students like you look for the university ranking before applying to any university abroad. So here we are giving some rankings of Roehampton University based on different ranking categories so that it can help you to make your decision to study at the university.
|Ranking category ||Ranking|
|QS World University (By Subject)|| 251-300|
|Times Higher Education University Ranking 2023||801-1000|
|The Complete University Guide Ranking (UK) 2023||78|
|The Guardian University Ranking 2023|| 111|
History of Roehampton University
- University of Roehampton is a London based public University.
- In 2016-2017 Roehampton celebrated one of the four historic colleges in the UK, Whitelands which was established in 1841.
- Through the Whiteland College the university has provided higher education to women longer than any other universities in the UK. So the university is called the pioneer of training women as a teacher.
Location of Roehampton University
The University of Roehampton is a public university in the UK situated on three major sites in Roehampton in the London Borough of Wandsworth. The location of Roehampton University is Roehampton Ln, London SW15 5PJ, UK. Which is the south west part of central London
Intakes of Roehampton University
Roehampton university offers 3 different intakes for the International Students. Such as-
- September Intake
- January Intake
- May Intake
However some courses may be available in February and April intake also. So you must check the intakes before applying for a course at the University.
Tuition Fees At Roehampton University 2023/24
Roehampton University offers different tuition fees for different levels of study. Tuition fee range of this university is slightly higher than the other universities in the UK but they offer standard waivers for the international students.
|Levels of Study ||International Tuition Fees|
|International Foundation Program|| £13000- £ 15000|
|International Year 1 Program|| £14,197|
|Undergraduate Program||£14750 – £15000|
|Postgraduate program||£15000- £18000|
If you take a placement year it will add an extra £1500 on your overall tuition fees.
Scholarships for the International Students at Roehampton University 2023/24
Roehampton University offers a range of scholarships for the international students. You will get different scholarships at your different levels of study.
- Undergraduate Scholarships: You will get upto £4000 scholarships on your academic excellence at your undergraduate level of study.
- Postgraduate Scholarships: You will get a generous scholarship upto £4000 on your academic excellence at your postgraduate level of study.
Entry Requirements of Roehampton University
If you are an international student and want to apply at Roehampton University you will need to meet two types of entry requirements. Such as- Academic Requirements and English Requirements. Here we are giving some country specific academic entry requirements so that you can find your requirements based on your country.
|Bangladesh||Completion of HSC||Completion of HSC with 70%||4 year bachelor with 65% or 2.5||4 year bachelor with 65% or 2.5|
|India||12 Standard||60% in 12 Standard||4 year bachelor with 2nd class|| N/A|
|Pakistan||Completion of HSC with 50%-60%||Completion of HSC with 70% or above||4 year bachelor degree with 55%||4 year bachelor degree or 2 years masters degree with 59%-65%|
|Nepal||Completion of School leaving||12th Standard School leaving Certificate with 65% or above||3 years bachelor with 60%, 4 Year bachelor with 55%||3 years bachelor with 60%, 4 Year bachelor with 55%|
|Nigeria||WAEC minimum 5 subject with grade 6||West african senior school certificate at grade D or higher with a Diploma from Federal University with lower credit or OND.||Minimum Degree with 2nd Class, lower division or GPA 3.0|| N/A|
|Ghana||WAEC in min 5 subject with grade 6||West african senior school certificate at grade D or higher with a Diploma from Federal University with lower credit or OND.||Minimum Degree with 2nd Class, lower division or GPA 3.0|| N/A|
English Language Requirement
|English test||IFP||International year 1 ||Undergraduate||Postgraduate|
|IELTS||Minimum 4.5 with not less than 4.||Minimum 5.5 with not less than 5.5||6.0 with not less than 5.5||6.5 with not less than 5.5|
IELTS is internationally accepted English test but Roehampton University also accepts some other English language qualification like-
- TOEFL IBT
- International Baccalaureate
- LanguageCert International ESOL
- Nigeria WAEC grade 6 or above
- Ghana WAEC Grade 6 or above
- Indian XII Standard 70%
Documents Requirements to apply at Roehampton University
As an International Student you need two types of documents for studying abroad. Such as application documents and visa documents. So to help you out here is a list of two types of documents below.
Documents required for application
- All academic Certificates and transcripts
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Updated CV
- Academic reference Letter
- Job reference Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- UK student Visa
Documents Required for visa Application
- UK Visa Application form
- Valid Passport
- Proof of financial Statement
- Proof of accommodation Support
- Tuberculosis test
- Biometric Information
- Travel history
Student Support at Roehampton University
Roehampton University offers different support for the students by different support services. Such as-
- Student Hardship Fund:The University has a Student Hardship Fund to provide support to the students who are experiencing financial difficulties. Students can apply for a non repayable grant from this fund or they can ask for financial support to their money advice team.
- Wellbeing Support: Managing finances can negatively impact students’ lives. So the University offers a friendly wellbeing support team for the students via a variety of initiatives. These include developing money, skills and confidence.
- Transportation Support: Roehampton University offers a dedicated bus service for the students and staff. The university bus service runs every 20 mins between Barnes, Main Campus, Wimbledon Station to the London tram network.
- Student Employment: The university offers a range of temporary staff roles like popular student ambassador scheme, reception, administrative work etc. The university career advisers also help the students to update their CV and job searching.
- Technology Support: The university supplies laptops to the students that are readily available for loan. Students of the university can choose to hire a laptop on a short or long term basis.
- Halls of Residence: The university offers a range of on campus accommodation to the students. The university has almost 18 halls of residence that are providing better accommodation services to the students.
- Blackbullion: The university has a partnership with Blackbullion. Blackbullion provides the students with access to online learning and personal finance courses that empowers students with better financial decision making.
Alumni Facilities at Roehampton University
As an Alumni of Roehampton University you will get a range of benefits, services and discounts on studying at the university. Such as-
As part of an Alumni Association you will have a lifelong access to the career link of the university. Career link provides all the important support that you need at any stage of your career including free online courses, extensive job opportunities etc.
University of Roehampton offers professional career mentoring by Roehampton Connect. It is an online networking platform to mentor the students by online networking system.
As an Alumni of Roehampton university you will get a 20% discount on your tuition fees for any further higher education of study.
Roehampton University alumni will get a 10% discount on venue hire for using Roehampton venue for their business purposes like business meetings, seminars etc.
As a Roehampton University alumni you are welcome to use Roehampton’s state of the Art Library at a discounted rate.
- Discounted Gym Membership
As an alumni of the University of Roehampton you will access the Roehampton’s fully equipped Gym. You will get a wide range of sports and physical activity opportunities at a discounted rate.
Job Opportunities at Roehampton University
Roehampton University Offers placement years to the students which is basically a paid internship so that the students can earn while learning. Besides the university has developed a online career resource portal for the students that provide the access of CV builder, search jobs and much more.
University of Roehampton has an employer portal where the students can promote their vacancies for part time job opportunities and so on.
Student accommodation at Roehampton University
Roehampton University offers a range of accommodation facilities to all the students on campus as well as off campus also. You will get plenty of different options and most affordable student halls in London. The university’s on campus accommodation includes almost 18 halls. Such as-
- Aldersgate Court:This accommodation house is located in the main campus of Southlands College. You will gate 92 standard rooms with shared bathrooms and 4 accessible rooms with ensuite bathrooms here. It will cost £147.70 per week for standard rooms and £176.05 per week for ensuite rooms.
- Aspen House: This hall is located on the main campus of Froebel College. You will get 56 ensuite rooms here. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- Bede House: It is located on the main campus of Digby Stuart College. You will get 107 standard rooms here. It will cost £133.00 per week.
- Beverly and Cheltenham:It is located on the Whitelands College campus. You will get 100 ensuite rooms with private bathrooms here. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- Chadwick Hall:This hall is located on the ground of Downshire House on Roehampton Lane. you will get almost 98 ensuite rooms here. It will cost £200.90 per week.
- Durham and Gilesgate:It is located on the Whitelands College Campus. You will get 101 ensuite rooms with private bathrooms here. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- ELM Grove Hall:This house is located on the main campus of Digby Stuart College. You will get 358 ensuite rooms with private bathrooms here. It will cost £208.25 per week.
- Epworth Court: It is located on the main campus in Southlands College.It has 118 ensuite rooms and 2 standard rooms. It will cost £147.70 per week.
- Garden Court: It is located on the main campus of Froebel College. You will get 40 standard rooms here. It will cost £147.70 per week.
- Kings and melrose: It is located on the Whitelands College campus. You will get 56 en suite rooms with private bathrooms. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- Linden House: It is located on the main campus of Froebel College.You will get 42 en suite rooms here. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- New Court: It is located on the main campus of Froebel College.You will get 22 Standard rooms here. It will cost£147.70 per week.
- Newman House: This house is located on the main campus of Digby Stuart College. You will get 43 semi ensuite rooms here. It will cost £155.40 per week.
- Old Court: It is located on the main campus of Froebel College.It has 15 standard rooms. It will cost £147.70 per week.
- Shaw House: This house is located on the main campus of Digby Stuart College. You will get 96 standard rooms (shared bathroom) and 47 ensuite rooms here.It will cost £147.70 per week.
- Sutherland and walpole: It is located on the Whitelands College campus. You will get 47 ensuite rooms here. It will cost £176.05 per week.
- Wesley Hall: It is located on the Whitelands College campus.You will get 66 ensuite rooms here.It will cost £176.05 per week.
- Willow House: This house is located on the main campus of Froebel College. You will get 59 ensuite rooms here.It will cost £176.05 per week.
The University also offers some off campus accommodation for the students who want to rent private accommodation. The University off campus accommodation officers will help you to find out accommodation and provide you with valuable information you need to live in the UK.
Transportation System to Reach at Roehampton University
Roehampton University is situated in London. So if you live in London and want to reach the University you can use different vehicles. Here we have given some possible vehicles to reach the University from London with the average cost so that you can pick your best possible one.
If you pick a train from London it will take 34 min to reach the University of Roehampton. It will cost $ 3 – $ 8 a day.
If you pick Line 170 Bus from London it will take 1 hour and 11 mins to reach the University of Roehampton. It will cost $ 2 – $ 2 a day
If you pick a taxi from London it will take only 15 minutes to reach the university of Roehampton. It will cost $ 30 – $ 40 a day.
Application Process for Roehampton University
If you are an international student and want to apply at University of Roehampton, you must follow some steps to apply at the university. You will not get a UK student visa without following the steps. Such as-
- You should apply with all the entry requirements of your preferred course.
- Make 50% CAS payment for getting an Unconditional offer letter.
- Pass the pre CAS interview for getting the CAS letter.
- You can apply for the visa after getting a CAS letter from the university.
How to Apply at Roehampton University?
So, want to apply at Roehampton University? Knowing the application method and applying without any hassle is a great thing, right? So we are here to help you. Click the “ Apply Now” button below. After that, you will find a form. Just fill out the form properly with accurate information.
Then to help you out, soon one of our experienced counselors will contact you. They will help you to apply to Swansea University smoothly. If you need any qualification to find a course from this university, the expert counselors of AIMS Education will let you know about it and help you to obtain it.